Be it a man or woman, or even a kid or a teen, weight loss is the daddy of all the resolutions. We all make it every time when we see ourselves in the mirror! However, the problem faced by most of us is that the lost weight has an uncanny ability to bounce back, hence we all are on the look out of a plan that’s foolproof. Keep reading:
What should you eat
Recommended Foods: Fresh fruit, green vegetables, oatmeal, brown rice, quinoa, whole wheat pasta, legumes, sweet potato, eggs, fish, shrimp, poultry, beef, buffalo, whey protein, walnuts, cashews, peanut butter, avocado, olives, herbs and spices, etc.
Exercise Recommendations: Regular exercise, be it gym, yoga, meditation, aerobics, dance or anything, is an essential component to shed off weight forever. It is advised to undertake both cardiovascular exercise and resistance training four to five days a week. High intensity interval training is recommended to boost fat loss when experiencing a plateau.
5 Essential changes in your eating habits
1. Include fruits in your menu but have it in the morning or after breakfast.
2. Include more healthy fibre rich carbohydrates in your meal and keep processed foods like biscuits, cakes, pastries to a minimum.
3. Eat frequently. Don’t go hungry for a long period as it may disturb you blood sugar level and can make you fatigue.
4. Eat a multivitamin to offset nutritional deficiencies. Micro nutrients like zinc, copper, manganese and magnesium are needed to help your body function normally. Given our lifestyle and the soil in which crops are grown we need an insurance against nutritional deficiencies. Incorporate healthy foods like curd, paneer in your meal pan.
5. Most important, don’t go for late dinner as it makes you sluggish, bloated and helps you put on weight.
Sample Diet Plan for the Obese:
Breakfast: Poha/upma/dalia/sprouts chat/bread toast/scrambled eggs and onions
Morning Snack: Munch seasonal fruit salad
Lunch: 2 roti+1 bowl green & leafy veggies+1 bowl dal+salad (roasted chicken or steamed fish once in a week)
Afternoon Snack: 2 biscuits/ roasted chana/ crack nuts
Dinner: Make it light. 1 roti + 1 bowl only green vegetable/ a whole bowl of pressured cooked bottle guard in a drop of oil and green chilly.
Post dinner: 1 cup of milk
Follow the suggested tips and experience how you lose your extra flabs with ease and also keep it off.